These are notes handed in by one of the students, partaining Imam Muhammad ibn Ismail al-Bukhari’s life:
• Great grandfather accepted islam
• Muhammad ibn Ismail ibn Ibrahim al-Bukhari was born in 194 hijra on the 13th of Friday of shawaal in Bukhara (Uzbekistan)
• His father Ismail Ibn Ibrahim was a student of Imam Malik, and he passed away when Imam Bukhari was 10
• At an early age some scholars say age 6 or 10 Imam Bukhari became blind. His mother was concerned about it, and after constant dua and prayers he was cured -she had a dream that prophet Ibrahim (AS) came and spoke to her saying that it will be cured due to her prayers to Allah-.
• Age of 11 he started seeking knowledge
• Age of 16 he went to Hajj in Makka with his mother and brother Ahmad. After that he stayed and his family went back home.
• Age of 22 he started his book of collections of authentic ahadith. He started this because his teacher dreamed that somebody will compile authentic book of ahadith.
• He had a student who would write down for him Muhammad ibn Abi Hatim. He said Imam Bukhari would divide his night in 3 portions. One for prayers, other for knowledge, the other for sleep. He will wake up in the part of the night for sleep 15 – 20 times and light up his lamp and write -what was benefit or a hadith from his mind- and go back to sleep, so he doesn’t forget it.
• He had a dream that he was fanning away the flies from our prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu Alayhi wasalam) showing that he will fan away the lies from the prophet.
Another noble man name Abu Zayd Al Marwazi had a dream that Imam Bukhari was following the footsteps of prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu Alayhi wasalam).
Other students are invited to add what is missing…..